Project leads: Christina Linklater, Sandi-Jo Malmon, Kerry Masteller
Student Research Assistants and Designers: Hannah Ezer, Jamie Lu, Siriana Lundgren, Isabelle Montoute, Sara Speller
Harvard Library Advancing Open Knowledge Team: Colleen Cressman, Claire DeMarco, Jehan Sinclair
Do you have information about a composer, creator, or contributor listed in The Music of Black Americans? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Music in The Music of Black Americans was funded by Harvard Library's Advancing Open Knowledge Grants Program, which "seeks to advance open knowledge and foster innovation to further diversity, inclusion, belonging and anti-racism" (Advancing Open Knowledge Grants).
Much of this music presented on this site was available in a digital format when we embarked on our project; we are grateful to the following libraries and archives for their work to digitize and share their collections:
- Harvard Library
- The Library of Congress
- Cornell University Library
- University of California San Diego
- University of Virginia Library
- Lilly Library, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Sibley Music Library, Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester
- University of Michigan Library
- Arts and Special Collections Research Center, Baylor University Libraries
- Temple University Libraries